2020 Summer Theater Academy - First Stage
Professional theater artists from across the nation will share their expertise, skills, and passion for their art with over 2,000 young people this summer. Students will develop skills in musical theater, scene study, Shakespeare, improvisation, and much more, while simultaneously building life skills, such as confidence, focus, and teamwork. Young people are encouraged to take risks and conquer their fears, and we are proud to be building the next generation of artists and leaders.
LOCATION AND DATES
Summer Academy Session Dates are June 15 - August 21, 2020
- Milwaukee Youth Arts Center, 325 W. Walnut Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212
Please note: There are no classes at MYAC July 13-17 due to the Democratice National Convention held in downtown Milwaukee.
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, 19805 West Capitol Drive, Brookfield, WI 53045
- One-Week Half Day sessions: $160 by March 31/$175 after April 1
- One-Week Full Day sessions: $275 by March 31/$290 after April 1
- Two-Week sessions (grades 3-4): $375 by March 31/$390 after April 1
- Two-Week sessions (grades 5-12): $425 by March 31/$440 after April 1
- Three-Week sessions (grades 5-12): $525 by March 31/$540 after April 1
- Four-Week sessions (grades 6-12): $625 by March 31/$640 after April 1
- Next Steps, one week: $200 by March 31/$215 after April 1
- Next Steps, two weeks: $395 by March 31/$410 after April 1
Register by March 31 for the lowest tuition prices!
Take advantage of our Sibling Discount when enrolling two or more children. The discount of $20 off will be applied to each class using Promo Code 42153.
Financial assistance is available to any student; awards are need-based. Learn more about our financial assistance program and how to apply.
New families are encouraged to attend our open house orientation to learn more about our program structure and policies, ask questions, and get a glimpse into the classroom content. A parent or guardian and the Academy student(s) should attend.
Our New Student Orientations will be held on Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 6pm and Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 6pm at the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center. Please indicate whether or not you plan to attend one of these sessions on your registration form.
Can’t attend a New Student Orientation session? A virtual orientation will be available online at FirstStage.org/orientation by April 1, 2020.
Every Summer Academy session will culminate in a lively presentation of class work for family and friends. Classes will hold presentations on the final class day. Details will be noted in the welcome letter you will receive following registration.
- Register online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Registration opens February 1, 2020.
- Please have your schedule, child’s emergency contact information, and any pertinent medical information available.
- Please note: our website is best compatible with the Google Chrome browser, with a ten-minute limit on our website’s shopping cart.
- You may also register by mail or fax using this Summer Academy Registration form.
Questions? Contact the Academy Office at (414) 267-2970 or email email@example.com.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.