VIRTUAL EVENT: 2020 Hank Do It Yourself Run/Walk/Ride Choose Your Own Route
While this year’s event looks different than usual, it’s a good reminder how much the Trail means to many of us. To make this a great experience, you can run anywhere OR choose your own adventure from our suggested routes.
Many Route Ideas
Your visit to the Trail could bring you past sweeping views of Milwaukee’s beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline, through vibrant urban neighborhoods, or alongside renowned tourist destinations. You can find a serene urban escape along the grassy hills of Three Bridges Park or enjoy active wildlife at the banks of the Menomonee River. You can honor and remember the past through breathtaking restored prairie, public art honoring history, or the architecture of the Soldier’s Home grounds. You can even catch a dramatic glimpse of Miller Park, whether or not the ballpark is open.
This year, YOU DECIDE. Explore an area of the Trail you’ve never been to or head down a familiar path. Not sure where you want to go? Take this quiz for a few suggestions of fun routes along the Hank Aaron State Trail!
REGISTER TODAY on your own, with your family, or with a team and enjoy all the Trail has to offer!
- Event week is Saturday, August 1 - 8.
- Virtual race bibs will be emailed or texted at the opening of the week.
- Virtual kickoff will connect you with your Hank Aaron State Trail community.
- Choose your route! We’ve created a variety of suggested routes along the Trail, or explore the destination of your choice.
- Choose the distance you will run, walk, or ride! Complete your distance all at once or over the course of the week—from one mile to a marathon!
- Always run with a team? Rally your team to register and encourage one another with access to our official Facebook event group.
- Even if you can’t run, walk, or ride with everyone else, you won’t be alone! Enjoy motivation and connections with other members of the community with access to our official Facebook event group throughout the week.
- Publicly post photos from your run or walk on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #HankDIY—we’ll pick five posts and you’ll get a free Sobelman’s cheeseburger!
- Finisher’s Certificates will be emailed or texted once you submit your results. Display these with pride!
- Team trophies for Largest Team and Best Team Spirit will be announced live at the Virtual Closing Ceremony.
- Want more? UPGRADE your registration to receive great extras, support local businesses, and help preserve the Trail as a place for the community to enjoy.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday, August 1, 2020
- Event week begins!
- 6:00am — All participants will receive their Virtual Race Bib via email or text
- 9am - 9:15am — Live Virtual Kickoff
- Walk, run, or ride your chosen distance over the course of this week. Do it all at once or use the whole week to reach your distance goal.
- Log your results once you’ve completed your distance to receive your Finisher’s Certificate.
- Publicly post photos on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #HankDIY—we’ll pick five posts and you’ll get a free Sobelman’s cheeseburger!
Saturday, August 8, 2020 at noon
- Live Virtual Closing Ceremony
- Highlights from the week
- Recipients of traveling team trophies announced for Largest Team and Best Team Spirit
- Winners of Sobelman’s burgers announced
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.