VIRTUAL EVENT: ($) Quarantine Coding Club
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 05/29/2020
Developed for the current needs of the community, Quarantine Coding Club is a chance to explore coding in the context of real-world scenarios with the guidance of skilled instructors that can provide real-time feedback.
- Join us and learn new coding skills every weekday. Our flexible curriculum allows you to join on the days that work best for you.
- With a 1:5 teacher to student ratio, our expert Coding Coaches deliver interactive, personalized, interdisciplinary experiences to kids, teens, and young adults at home while we all shelter-in-place together.
- Using Quarantine Credits, sign up for any 1-hr session that fits your schedule; there will be different skills and topics covered each day.
- Our Quarantine Coding Club is great for coders of all skill levels from 2nd grade through young adults. Our goal is to make learning coding fun while we're all stuck at home.
Quarantine Coding Subjects Currently Available
Adventures in Coding
Made for our youngest students in mind, children in each session will pair program with one of our expert Coding Coaches and learn new coding concepts each day. Everyday, there will be a new theme so that students are learning coding in context of subjects like video game design, math, and science. This subject is a fun way for Kindergartener through 1st graders to start mastering technology while stuck in quarantine.
Conquer COVID with Coding
The first in our Coding in Context series: Each session will teach coding skills and concepts to investigate the virus and it's repercussions in our society. We believe understanding is the antithesis of fear; our Coding Coaches work with students to code graphs, showing how they can prevent the spread of COVID-19 by staying home with their families, or maps that show where coronavirus lives right now. Learn coding, while developing a better understanding of how you can be a part of the solution!
We have 2 different sessions for different skill levels that you can join each day, Sessions A or B:
- Session A: each day, our Coding Coaches will educate students in a kid-friendly way about current events through coding.
- Session B: we'll move through similar content, but at a faster pace intended for older students (like teens or adults, or students with more background knowledge).
More Subjects are coming soon!
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.