Opening for the season on Friday! - Green Meadows Petting Farm - East Troy, WI
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 05/29/2020
- The Feed Bag (the yellow building with souvenirs and food) will not be open. We will be selling admission, prepackaged snacks, and drinks from the red check-in building next to the Feed Bag.
- We will have hand sanitizer and handwashing stations readily available just like we always have, but encourage you to bring your own sanitizer as well.
- Our employees will be wearing masks when within 6ft of people or within buildings. If you’d like we encourage you to do the same.
- We will have employees designated to sanitizing the farm throughout the day.
- We ask that everyone respects social distancing. We suggest “golf course” spacing. Stay with your herd and don’t get too close to other herds.
- We will be having hayrides. There will be limited seating on each ride, therefore we will be taking out rides as they fill up rather than on the hour.
- We will be having pony rides for children 2nd grade or younger, but we ask that the guardian places the child on the pony and walks around the ring alongside your child. Our farmers will be leading the pony and sanitizing the saddle horn between uses.
- We will be limiting the number of families allowed in the buildings (kitten, small animal, and baby goat). This will result in lines so please be patient and keep your distance while in line.
- We will not have the milking cow due to not being able to sanitize her udder between each person. This would not be healthy for the cow. We will have Holly the Holstein (our educational milking simulator) in her place. We will have a mom and calf on the farm in place of the milking cow.
- Our outdoor playground equipment will be open and will be sanitized throughout the day, but it is up to your discretion whether or not you allow your children to play on it.
- Enclosed play areas, such as the train room and vet building will not be open.
- We will not have the corn crib open, as we cannot sanitize the corn.
We understand this is something new for all of us, and hope that you understand our new guidelines and most importantly be kind, courteous, and patient to all of our other visiting guests and staff.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.