2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.Milwaukee , WI , 53207
Phone: (414) 286-300042° 59' 53.1456" N, 87° 53' 59.6436" W
What our organization offers:
Bay View Branch, located at 2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., opened in October 1993. The branch replaced the Llewellyn Library built in 1914 and located at 907 E. Russell. The building is contemporary with an open, bright environment. Under the Milwaukee Arts Board's Percentage for Art program, artist Peter Flanary created three mosaic maps in the linoleum floor of the lobby, one representing Bay View at the time of settlement in 1832; another from 1900, when a steel mill on the lakefront spurred the community's growth; the third showing the area as it is today.